Do you have a hotel and are you thinking of creating a website for your business? Do you wonder how you can get more bookings through the Internet?
While it is true that when we talk about the hotel market, hotel comparators have a huge importance, the reality is that it happens with any business. If you want to differentiate yourself, if you want to not depend so much on the marketplaces and get your own customers, then you have to have your own website.
But are you worth any type of web page for your hotel? What would the ideal website look like for a hotel?
Why you need a web page for your hotel
Some people may think that having a web page for your hotel in other sectors is much more effective. However, in the world of hotels, having a website is also very important.
- Because you do not want to depend solely on hotel comparators, where you can get very good results, yes, but at the cost of putting cheaper prices and paying commissions to the comparator.
- Because people would like to have information about your hotel, beyond the name and location. It is important that you highlight your strengths and show your added value, giving technical details about, for example, the rooms, the decoration, the views, the location, the services, etc.
- Because a serious and professional hotel conducts its own marketing, and for that, you need to have a website. If you have a website, you exist; if not, you depend on what others say about you. Although reviews and comments are important, you will always need to have your own communication channel.
- Because Facebook and Twitter are not enough. Social networks are dissemination tools that can help you attract traffic to your page. But, in themselves, they are not the space in which the user expects to make a reservation since it is not the most suitable place for it.
- Because a web page for your hotel will allow you to stay in touch with your customers, generate commitment and loyalty among people who have already stayed at your hotel, as well as acting as tourist spokesperson for the attractions that can be found in your city.
Aspects that you must take into account when creating a website for your hotel
In CYONWO we are experts in web development and we know that highlighting on the Internet is not easy. If you have a hotel and you want to sell online, we recommend that you consider the following.
1. You need a responsive web, which allows you to provide a good user experience to users who come from mobile devices. Practically 50% of people who book at your hotel will do so through a mobile device.
2. Your website should be attractive in design and content. If you want your website to stand out, you have to go a little beyond simply putting some contact information and four photographs. It is ideal to have several pages and information relevant to your target.
3. It is important that you have a reservation system. If you have a reservation system connected to your database, you will allow the user to reserve a room in a matter of minutes. It will be a useful and functional website for those who arrive there, not only with contact information.
4. Think about translating your website into other languages. Taking into account the sector in which we move, many users who book at your hotel will probably be from other countries. Therefore, go to them through a website in your own language, depending on which is your most common audience.
5. Local SEO is important. Do not compete with hotels in other cities, but with those of your own city. Therefore, you must highlight the strengths of your hotel, associating keywords with terms that can attract your potential customers. For example, “cheap hotel Alicante center”, “Granada hotel overlooking the Alhambra”, etc.
Design a website for your hotel
When creating a website for your hotel, we also recommend that you bet on a computer company that provides you with the best guarantees.
On the Internet, you will find formulas to create fast websites and for free. But what you can do with them, their features and modules, are vastly inferior and have numerous restrictions that will not serve you to make your business objectives come true.
It is important that you have one thing very clear: it is not about being on the Internet to be. It is better not to have a website than to have a poor quality and abandoned a website, which creates a bad perception of your brand.
If you want more information about our professional web development services, contact us now without obligation. We will show you how you can create a useful website to get more reservations and customers on the Internet.
You may also like Best beachside hotels for couples.