When we talk about jasmine rice, we have to mention the differences it presents with the rice we all know. Jasmine white rice can be found in the vast majority of supermarkets. But you have to look at its quality since, within it, we will have the so-called new and old rice. What is the difference between them? that the new one does not need so much water in cooking and has more starch. Today we learn how to cook jasmine rice.
In addition to all this, whenever we open a package of jasmine rice, the smell will be present. The same happens when cooking it, which will reveal the type of recipe that we will be preparing. The smell is its hallmark and owes its name to the jasmine flower, which has a very mild aroma. It is usually one of the best accompaniments for Thai or Asian dishes in general.
2 cups jasmine rice
2 and a half cups of water
- We put the rice in a large bowl and wash it with cold water. We will have to wash it well until the water comes out clean.
- Once this is done, we drain the rice well.
- We bring a pot to the fire with water, add the rice and wait for it to boil over high heat.
- When it boils, we lower the heat and let it cook for about 12 minutes. Until the water evaporates.
- After the time, turn off and let stand about 10 minutes.
Tips and other options
If you are going to accompany the rice with a lot of flavor or sauces, it is not necessary to add salt. But without a doubt, it goes to the taste of each guest.
For new jasmine rice, we will need 1.25 parts of water for each part of rice. But it is old rice, then 1.50 parts of water for each of rice.