Living a few weeks of home confinement is a new experience for most people. After a while, and seeing that it could last a few more weeks, the questions about what is recommended to eat during quarantine become more difficult to answer.
- 1 Food hoaxes and coronaviruses
- 2 Learn to eat during the quarantine
- 3 Fruit rich in vitamin C
- 4 Vegetables of various colors
- 5 Foods rich in probiotics
- 6 Foods rich in tryptophan
- 7 Herbs and spices for food in quarantine
- 8 Know how to eat during the quarantine
One of the most common questions these days is what is recommended to eat during the quarantine. Is it necessary to make changes inhabits? Here are some points of interest about food in times of confinement.
Learn to eat during the quarantine
Having order in our daily habits, and feeding ourselves correctly and healthy can help us a lot in this situation. It can help us to pass the quarantine with less stress. It will also allow us to return to our daily routine with the same energy, and in good health. In addition, it is important to stay strong to face any problem or illness that may come our way. It is highly recommended to organize yourself at meals to have a clear and prepared shopping list. In this way, it will not be necessary to go out so many times and we will be less time shopping.
During these days we should try to keep three pieces of fruit a day. Fruits provide us with a large number of vitamins and antioxidants. We can eat them as dessert, at breakfast, or between meals if we are hungry. This way we avoid the most sugary snacks and sweets. It ‘s good that at least one of them is a fruit rich in vitamin C. We can choose between:
- Oranges, lemons, and grapefruits.
- Strawberries and blueberries.
- Quality protein sources
Protein must be present in the main meals of the day. Although we may not do as much physical exercise, our body still needs them. They are part of many-body structures and will help us avoid the loss of muscle mass. In addition, they are satiating and easily digestible foods – except legumes, for some people. Protein is ideal for a light dinner that feels good and helps us rest. We can choose to:
- At breakfast: oat flakes, yogurt, milk, nuts or whole wheat bread.
- At lunch and dinner: blue and white fish, eggs, legumes, and white meat. And also the vegetable alternatives, such as tofu, tempeh or seitan.
- Vitamin C to eat during the quarantine
- One of the daily fruits must be rich in vitamin C
Vegetables are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and other nutrients. This interests us because they are the ideal food for our intestinal bacteria, and will help us regulate digestive transit. In addition, it is beneficial to health to include more plant foods in the diet.
We will eat them mainly at lunch and dinner. They can be the first course or an accompaniment. The softer cooks, such as creams or cooked vegetables, we will reserve for dinner.
Foods rich in probiotics
Now more than ever we must take care of our intestinal flora. This has beneficial effects on the digestive and immune systems. Food rich in bacteria, such as yogurts, quefir, tempeh, kombucha, sauerkraut or miso, we can introduce them in small portions daily.
Tryptophan is a component of protein – an amino acid – and a precursor to serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that plays a key role in mood and emotional balance. This can be essential in these days when we can be more exposed to nerves, stress, and anxiety.
Thus, eating foods rich in tryptophan during the day will help us to regulate its secretion well. The richest in this amino acid are dairy, almonds, bananas, sesame and pumpkin seeds, avocado and meat.
Whole grain cereals
Among these foods, we find potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, quinoa or couscous. They will be one of the main sources of energy, especially if we have to continue working at home, studying or have planned a good session of physical exercise.
If we do not have as much appetite or have greatly reduced our daily activity, we can reduce the portions of carbohydrates. And if we don’t eat them at dinner nothing happens. The best thing is that we choose them in their integral version, which has more fiber and nutrients than the refined versions.
Culinary herbs and spices
Culinary spices and herbs are commonly used in cooking for their ability to add flavor and aroma to dishes. If we use them these days to cook we will obtain more appetizing preparations. We must not forget to enhance pleasure at the table and enjoyment.
But it is also that for a few years, the beneficial properties that these ingredients also have been known. Most of them exert anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and cholesterol-regulating effects.
Herbs and spices give our dishes a better taste, in addition to having some benefits that protect our health
Other positive guidelines
- In addition to knowing the best foods, there are other guidelines that will help us improve our diet these days. Especially in order to avoid improvisation:
- Make a healthy menu for the whole week.
- Eating at more or less regular hours.
- Avoid eating while working or doing other activities. Spend time eating with awareness and in a relaxed environment.
- Having some resources in the pantry in the case at some point we don’t feel like cooking, or we run out of fresh food.
- Hydrate with water, broths or infusions, and minimize the consumption of alcohol and sugary, energy or stimulant beverages.
Know how to eat during the quarantine
With these daily guidelines on what to eat during quarantine, we can eat healthily and avoid improvisation in the kitchen and shopping. This will allow us to take care of our bodies and our emotional well-being. In addition, we can avoid snacking, which is more common these days, either due to anxiety, boredom or having much more food at hand.
You may like to read – https://daisydigest.co.uk/